The Vario is Mahlkoenig's entry to the mezzo class of grinders. The mezzo class fills the niche between large professional grinders and home grinders. The Vario's small footprint, full grind range from espresso to press, consistently repeatable micro grind adjustment and quick grinding speed places it at the top of its class. The new 886 model now includes an all-metal portaholder for added stability when dosing directly into your portafilter.
- Burrs: 54mm ceramic flat burrs manufactured by Mahlkoenig, designed to last twice as long as steel burrs
- Grind settings: 230 repeatable grind settings
- Speed: The Vario grinds approximately 1.5 grams/second at Espresso and 2.5 grams/second at Press.
- Three separate timer settings aid in consistency and repeatability.
- Grind on Demand with Electronic Dosing: Grinds only the coffee required for each shot. Eliminates the risk of stale ground coffee common in mechanical dosing units.
- Programming: Features three user-programmable grind weight buttons.
- Innovative Dual Cam Grind Adjustment: The right-hand lever lets you choose what type of grind. The lever on the left lets you fine tune the grind within the range selected. More than 230 grind settings available.
- Super Quiet: Powerful motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits extended grinding time. The circuitry is equipped with an automatic reset thermal switch.
- Metal PortaHolder: Universally adjustable brackets for any portafilter. Allows for hands-free operation.